Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Technical Solution

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JWN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi folks.

    This is my first time here and I'm trawling the net for solutions to a unique technical problem, hope someone here may help.

    I represent a small collaboration (myself & 3 others) and we have our idea, we have our will and we have our way. The only question is the how. What we have is a two hour 'show' that can be presented in many ways, but the way we really want to do it (our Holy Grail) is LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!

    Unfortunately that's where technical realities begin to bite and bite hard.

    So here is our hard reality - and a project awaits whomever can solve it:

    Can MOVING images be projected upon surfaces the size of say... your average skyscraper (and then some) and then be captured?

    Here's looking forward to the response of a technical genius out there somewhere.

    Regards,
    John William.

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    what do you mean? Of course a film could be projected onto a skyscraper.
    What do you mean 'captured'? You could always film it.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JWN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Eddie,

    Thanks for your interest, I won't clutter up the board here with explanations but I am keen to discuss this further. Please email [email protected] with your email address and I'll forward some details for you to ponder.

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated. But remember, it's not one image on one building. Think multi.

    Regards,
    John William



    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, The TV station I work in has a bar connected to it...
    They have a large projection screen which projcts TV and Videos onto a large, white board...

    So, to answer part 1 of your question, Yes, you can project moving images onto a flat surface...

    As for Capturing it, you could either film the projection on the surface, or you could take the direct feed of whatever the moving image is.

    As for projecting onto the side of buildings, I'm not sure... You're gonna have to have a BLOODY big projection unit...
    I'm not an expert on this subject, but I can tell you that it won't be cheap...

    If you have any more problems, feel free to E-mail me at the address below. I'm here to help!



    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    actually thats not quite true. If you want to project onto the side of a building you just need a very bright projector.
    You can (and I have) project a super8 film onto a building, the only issue is the brightness of your projector bulb.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JWN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rich/Eddie

    Will be forwarding you both an email soon for you to ponder. Any advice appreciated.

    Regards,
    John William

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •